It’s Thanksgiving weekend and stores have been playing holiday music since after Halloween. So, I figured it’s okay for me to write out my Christmas wish list. Usually, I’d post this on Facebook but with the new layout, the “About me” section isn’t on the front of the profile page anymore. These aren’t in any particular order. I’m just writing them as they come to me. There will probably be a lot of links, so please, bear with me.
- Books – Cookbooks – Especially the kind for quick and easy meals and and single meals since it’s just me. Right now I can only make a few dishes and trust me, it gets old very quickly; New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (paperback, please) – Yes, I admit that I’ve gotten into the Twilight Series. I’ve only read the first one and I know they’re total teen chick flick books, but I found it enjoyable; The Way I Am by Eminem – When I first saw this book at Barnes and Noble, I knew I had to have it. I just love the angry rapper; The Magician by Michael Scott – I have The Alchemist already (haven’t read it, but I will) and this is the second one in the series; Anything by Christopher Moore – I’ve already got Lamb, The Stupidest Angel, A Dirty Job, Island of the Sequined Love Nun and Bloodsucking Fiends, so anything besides those books; The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly – I’ve read the back cover of this and I really want to read what’s actually between the covers; The Coffee House Mystery series by Cleo Coyle – I read the first three books in this series (On What Grounds, Through the Grinder and Latte Trouble) when I was at B&N but I haven’t bought them yet. There are currently four more in the series (she just came out with the seventh) and I want to read them all; Everything is Illuminated and Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer – I’ve seen the movie adaptation of the first one and I really liked it, but I haven’t read it yet. They both sound very interesting. There are probably a bunch more but I can’t think of them right now. I figured this is a good starting reading list…
- DVDs – Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix – Only the movie because I’ve got the special features disc already. I have no clue what happened to my movie disc; Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone – Only the special features disc because I just bought it at Wal-Mart without realizing that it was so cheap because it was just the movie; Iron Man – I loved this movie. Not much else to say, I guess; Transformers – Great movie. Better than I thought it would be; Prison Break, Season 3 – I’ve got the first two season already and I plan on completing the set; That 70’s Show, entire series – I don’t haven any but I’d like to.
- CDs – In Search of… and Fly or Die by N*E*R*D – I had the first one but I let my friend borrow it and she never gave it back to me; Food and Liquor and The Cool by Lupe Fiasco – Great musician and I have a few songs from each album on my computer, but I want the whole albums; Join with Us by The Feeling – I’ve got the first CD, seen them in concert twice and I want their second album; Mixed CDs – These are always great because they’re always a mix of a whole bunch of different artists and genres.
- Recording device – For my phone for when I do phone interviews. It’s always a pain to interrupt somebody and ask them to slow down or pause because I’m taking notes. People lose their trains of thought very easily.
- Harry Potter paraphernalia – This can range from supplementary books (I’ve got the entire series, Quidditch Through the Ages, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and have The Tales of Beedle the Bard on reserve at B&N already so no worries about that), wall calendars, T-shirts and the like. I’m not really picky.
- Seattle paraphernalia – Mugs, magnets, paperweights, posters. Doesn’t matter. Just random shit I can stick in my little cubicle corner at work to show my Emerald City pride–which I didn’t discover until I moved away. Mariners items will be especially appreciated.
I think that’s about it. I can’t really think of anything else. Although, that’s a shit load of stuff I want right there. Feel free to diverge from this list, but please stay away from gift cards, clothes and stuffed animals. The first shows lack of creativity; it’s too hard for me to find things in the second category that fit and look good on me; and I have more than enough of the last (well, back home…I only took one with me).