My birthday is in a week and a half, so I figured it was time I posted my wish list. I’ll be honest and say that a lot of this is going to be just copy and pasted from my Christmas wish list with a few alterations. There are some new items, though. Enjoy!
- Books – Cookbooks – Especially the kind for quick and easy meals and and single meals since it’s just me. I’ve been trying recipes I find online as well but it’d be nice to have a few cookbooks online; Eclipse and Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (paperback, please) – Yes, I admit that I’ve gotten into the Twilight Series. I’ve only read the first one and I know they’re total teen chick flick books, but I found it enjoyable; The Way I Am by Eminem – When I first saw this book at Barnes and Noble, I knew I had to have it. I just love the angry rapper; The Magician by Michael Scott – I have The Alchemist already and this is the second one in the series; Anything by Christopher Moore – I’ve already got Lamb, The Stupidest Angel, A Dirty Job, Island of the Sequined Love Nun, Bloodsucking Fiends and Fool, so anything besides those books; The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly – I’ve read the back cover of this and I really want to read what’s actually between the covers; The Coffee House Mystery series by Cleo Coyle – There are seven altogether and I’ve actually read all except for the last one, Espresso Shot but I haven’t bought them yet; Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer – It sounds very interesting; The Spellman Series by Lisa Lutz – Very funny mystery series. I’ve read The Spellman Files and Curse of the Spellmans. The third one, Revenge of the Spellmans comes out on the tenth. There are probably a bunch more but I can’t think of them right now. I figured this is a good starting reading list…
- DVDs – Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix – Only the movie because I’ve got the special features disc already. I have no clue what happened to my movie disc; Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone – Only the special features disc because Ibought it at Wal-Mart without realizing that it was so cheap because it was just the movie; Iron Man – I loved this movie. Not much else to say, I guess; Transformers – Great movie. Better than I thought it would be; Prison Break, Season 3 – I’ve got the first two season already and I plan on completing the set; That 70’s Show, entire series – I don’t haven any but I’d like to.
- CDs – In Search of… and Fly or Die by N*E*R*D – I had the first one but I let my friend borrow it and she never gave it back to me; Food and Liquor and The Cool by Lupe Fiasco – Great musician and I have a few songs from each album on my computer, but I want the whole albums; Join with Us by The Feeling – I’ve got the first CD, seen them in concert twice and I want their second album; Mixed CDs – These are always great because they’re always a mix of a whole bunch of different artists and genres.
- Recording device – For my phone for interviews. It’s always a pain to interrupt somebody and ask them to slow down or pause because I’m taking notes. People lose their trains of thought very easily.
- Harry Potter paraphernalia – This can range from supplementary books (I’ve got the entire series,Quidditch Through the Ages, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and have The Tales of Beedle the Bard already so no worries about that), T-shirts and the like. I’m not really picky.
- Seattle paraphernalia – Mugs, magnets, paperweights, posters. Doesn’t matter. Just random shit I can stick in my little cubicle corner at work to show my Emerald City pride–which I didn’t discover until I moved away. Mariners items will be especially appreciated.
- Cooking appliances – I know it sounds kind of random but I don’t have a blender, electric mixer (nothing fancy…the hand variety would work just fine) or food processor and I think if I did, I could be a little more creative when it comes to cooking.
I think that’s about it. I can’t really think of anything else. Although, that’s a shit load of stuff I want right there. Feel free to diverge from this list but please stay away from gift cards, clothes and stuffed animals. The first shows lack of creativity; it’s too hard for me to find things in the second category that fit and look good on me; and I have more than enough of the last (well, back home…I only took one with me).