It’s a pretty straightforward title. Here they are:
- Finish writing that post I’ve been mentioning for months. I’ve started it but I haven’t really done much with it for two months (no joke).
- Finish at least one piece of fiction I’m currently working on. I’ve got three in the works. One is almost done. I’m not sure why it’s taking me so long. Although, when you look at my first two goals, it just shows how I don’t seem to be the type to follow through on personal projects. Not sure what that says about me.
- Write more poetry. It’s been awhile since I’ve written a new poem. The ones I’ve been posting have been old pieces I wrote when I was in college.
- Read all the books on my bookshelf. I have this terrible habit of buying new books all the time but never actually reading them. Almost my entire top shelf consists of books I’ve yet to read. Damn romances!
- Cut down on the romance novels. You know, to aid number 4.
- Make a conscious effort to go out and discover what Idaho Falls and eastern Idaho has to offer in terms of entertainment and activities. In other words, get a life.
- Make new friends. This ties in to number 6. The two will most likely come hand in hand.
- Learn how to flirt. I think the powers that be forgot to instill that knowledge in me when I was made. I honestly don’t know how. And if I do flirt, it’s definitely not from any conscious effort on my part.
- Go out on a date. It’s been more than two and a half years. Enough said. Hopefully if I achieve number 8, I’ll be that much closer.
- Achieve at least half of these goals. I know myself and I know that I can be quite the slacker. So, I figure if I achieve five out of 10, it’ll be pretty good.
Damn it, I’ve already wasted one month! This means I’ve got to haul ass for the remaining 11. Wish me luck!