Here’s how I would answer them:
What is your favorite word?
- Expunge – The definition (to obliterate/destroy/eliminate) really means nothing to me. But I just love the sound of the word. Go ahead and say it out loud. Expunge. It’s just fun to say. It’s the term my UW email uses to delete messages permanently from the inbox.
What is your least favorite word?
- No – It’s such a negative word and the use of it is almost always not good.
What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
- A sense of humor – I hate it when people take themselves too seriously. I used to be like that but eventually I learned life’s too short to sweat the small stuff. Just get over it, laugh it off and move on.
What turns you off creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
- Arrogance/cockiness – If a person’s confident about him or herself that’s one thing. But once they cross the line and become arrogant and cocky, that’s another thing completely. In my opinion, they’re just asking to be taking down a couple notches. And many times, I’d love to be the one to do it.
What sound or noise do you love?
- Laughter – I just love hearing people laugh and be happy and joyous. It’s infectious and makes me want to laugh and be happy and joyous as well.
What sound or noise do you hate?
- Metal-hooked clothes hangers scraping across an unwaxed metal bar – That probably sounds strange but it’s true. While working at the Gap, one of the things we did every now and then was wax the fixtures so when customers shopped, the hangers slid across them smoothly. One place we often neglected, however, was the hang bar in the fitting room. So, eventually, it’d get harder to move clothes across the bar. The sound would literally make me cringe. It reminds me of nails on a chalkboard. Extremely unpleasant.
What is your favorite curse word?
- Fuck – What else would it be? It’s such a versatile word: Fuck, mother fucker, fuckin’ A, holy fuck (my personal favorite), fuckin’ ____, fucking. In high school, it was actually one of my teacher’s favorite word.
What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
- Chef – Since I’ve moved out, I’ve discovered a love for cooking. I’m not great but I’m not in danger of starving either. To do it for a living would be fun.
What profession would you not like to do?
- CEO or some other corporate monkey type – Mergers. Takeovers. Shareholders. Yuck. Totally not for me. I would be terrible. I just don’t have that killer instinct. Corporations make me think of uptight, profit-driven workaholics. Where’s the fun in that? Seriously? I mean, I probably clean up nice and would look pretty good in a business suit but by the time lunch came around, I’d be dying for a hoodie and pair of jeans.
If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
- “Here’s the key to my personal library. Help yourself to anything you find interesting.” – I think that just says it all, right?
What would your answers be?