The holiday season is now upon us, so I figured it was time I posted my wish list. I’ll be honest and say that a lot of this is going to be just copy and pasted from my Birthday wish list with a few alterations. There are some new items, though. Enjoy!
- A job – As a currently unemployed journalist, I know that’s a lot to ask, but any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.
- Books – Cookbooks – Especially the kind for quick and easy meals. I’ve been trying recipes I find online as well but haven’t really done much cooking since I moved back home. It’d be nice to have a few cookbooks and it will hopefully motivate me more to cook; Eclipse and Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (paperback, please) – Yes, I admit that I’ve (kind of) gotten into the Twilight Series. I’ve only read the first two and I know they’re total teen chick flick books, but I found it enjoyable; The Way I Am by Eminem – When I first saw this book at Barnes and Noble, I knew I had to have it. I just love the angry rapper; The Magician by Michael Scott – I’ve read The Alchemist already and this is the second one in the series; Anything by Christopher Moore – I’ve already got Lamb, The Stupidest Angel, A Dirty Job, Island of the Sequined Love Nun, Bloodsucking Fiends, You Suck and Fool, so anything besides those books; The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly – I’ve read the back cover of this and I really want to read what’s actually between the covers; The Coffee House Mystery series by Cleo Coyle – There are eight altogether and I’ve actually read all except for the last one, Holiday Grind, which just came out; Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer -It sounds very interesting.
- DVDs – Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone – Only the special features disc because I bought it at Wal-Mart without realizing that it was so cheap because it was just the movie; Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince – It’s Harry. What else can I say? It will be released on Dec. 8. I may buy it myself, so it may be deleted after this. We’ll see; Iron Man – I loved this movie. Not much else to say, I guess; Transformers – Great movie. Better than I thought it would be; (500) Days of Summer – I watched this on the plane down to Mexico and fell in love with it. Makes me wish for my own Tom Hansen. The DVD will be released Dec. 22; Prison Break, Season 3 and Season 4– I’ve got the first two seasons already and I plan on completing the set; That 70’s Show, entire series – I don’t have any but I’d like to.
- CDs – In Search of… and Fly or Die by N*E*R*D – I had the first one but I let my friend borrow it and she never gave it back to me; Food and Liquor by Lupe Fiasco – Great musician and I have a few songs from the album on my computer, but I want the whole album; Join with Us by The Feeling – I’ve got the first CD, seen them in concert twice and I want their second album; Mixed CDs – These are always great because they’re always a mix of a whole bunch of different artists and genres.
- Harry Potter calendar – I need one for 2010. Not much else to say to this.
- Cooking appliances – I know it sounds kind of random but I a food processor and I think if I did, I could be a little more creative when it comes to cooking.
I think that’s about it. I can’t really think of anything else. Although, that’s a shit load of stuff I want right there. Feel free to diverge from this list but please stay away from gift cards, clothes and stuffed animals. The first shows lack of creativity; it’s too hard for me to find things in the second category that fit and look good on me; and I have more than enough of the last.